Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drum line competition

Drum lines are a relatively new interest of mine. I've always liked drumming, but only in the past few years have I learned about drum lines after hearing/seeing one up close and personal at church during a Christmas service. I wanted them to perform for my birthday but I guess that's out of the question! Anyway, today I went to experience my first drum line competition.
First the processing in impressed me. I know, I'm easy, but it was very enjoyable to me. Then when they played...yikes! Xylophones, and drums, and cymbals and a lone trumpet. What's not to like?? Even the judging was interesting..the guys said more about the playing than I would have ever thought about! I can't remember a single phrase they used, but it was new and fun and enlarged my world.
I don't have the time to recount my thoughts on the way home, but deciding to take a trip to Hawaii was the end result. LOL The thinking involved the judges, the kids, a video and report of a famous violinist, playing with heart, putting yourself really into it, discipline, liking who I am becoming, doing new things, going to Hawaii. Isn't it fun to have brains that skitter along the lines of our minds and come up with a fabulous surprise?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hawaii. A definite must. Rent a Jeep. Drive around the island. Stop on the side of the road at a random beach just beacause it's there. Marvel at the surfing skills demonstrated at Pipeline. Walk along the flickering torches on Waikiki beach at night. A-Maz-Ing. Push this up towards the top of your list of To Dos. XOXO

    ReplyDelete