Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 3 in North Carolina

"All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust him
In his presence daily live.

I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Jesus I surrender
I surrender all."


This was the last hymn we sang in church yesterday morning. I had no intention of joining Carmel Baptist Church but I did. During the sermon, the pastor talked about how God will take us to where we've never been before, and I was thinking, "That's where I am right now...where I've never been before!!" New city. New state. No job. No house. Alone. I talked to God in my mind and reminded him I had no intention of joining this (or any!) church, till I found out if they had a Divorce Care class (they don't) and if not, why? I'd been told they had had one at another time, and  I was curious to see what their position was and why they didn't offer that class currently. God told me He'd take care of that. I waited and as they began the second verse, I thought what better way to "surrender it all" than to claim a church home before I got a "real" home.


Speaking of my "real" home, the TX sale has still not closed. I've been strung along with promises of "tomorrow" or "next week" or "the middle of next week". All stories. All thrown to us by the "other side" in hopes of placating us. I've felt frustrated, bamboozled, lied to, between a rock and a hard spot....all not worth thinking about. As I've talked to God, my emotions have calmed down and I've prayed that my real estate people be blessed as they deal with me. Not by me, of course, but by God. I've made the decision to keep trusting Him in spite of daily frustrations. My realtors call every morning and as of today, "we should close by Friday". BUT I've been down this road many times, so don't hold your breath, but pray that I'll be found faithful and trusting.


I miss my kids, grandkids, friends, familiar streets, Blue Bell ice cream, house, and sunshine. I'm enjoying my stay with my sister, my Apple classes (on my MAC), going to visit Nancy Magby, a friend from church when I was in junior high, learning my way around new streets, finding a Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Steinmart, eating Brusters' ice cream, cooler weather, and watching Netflix with Jayne each night and laughing over foolishness!!











No comments:

Post a Comment