Sunday, June 14, 2009

a tractor among the motorcycles

I was driving in the country yesterday and in front of an ice house, I saw a row of motorcycles and one tractor. It cracked me up! Someone parked his tractor at the ice house??
Today I feel like that. I just don't fit in with the vision of myself. I knew when I got done teaching I was glad to be "myself" and not my teaching persona, but a week into the vacation, and I've not found "my place" yet. I know it all is under the change that comes with a divorce, but I wasn't prepared for that "I don't know who I am" again. I had that at first for several months into the separation, but I'd thought I was all "set" but I can tell now I'm not. I'm like jello..still jiggly and not "set". That's OK, now that I understand what's going on. It unnerved me for the last few days but today I figured out what's happening.
Whew...I'm just a tractor surrounded by motorcycles. I may always be different, and that's ok, but I may just be in transition. This is my journey and I'm learning as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment