Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August, 2011

I can't come up with a title just now, so for the moment, I've used a date. Let me go back to about a month ago.
July 4, decided to move.
July 5, made appointments with two realtors.
July 11 (1:30 am)  Mom and Jayne arrived to help me clean, pack, have a garage sale, spread mulch, plant flowers, clean nasty AC vents in the ceiling, pick up clutter, go through closets, and a hundred other chores. Heather came to do some of the above jobs AND stage my house so it could go on the market.
July 11 chose realtor.
July 16 garage sale. Sold every piece of furniture I had there. 
July 17, Mom and sister left to drive back to Atlanta and Charlotte.
July 19 in the wee hours of morning, I finished cleaning and staging and putting everything that I would normally have stuffed in the closet or pantry in the garage.
I came back in the house and got ready to go to Maine on my vacation.
July 19 flew to Portland, ME. Slept on plane.
July 20 house went "live" and was For Sale.
July 26 house sold.
Aug. 9, I left Maine and returned to TX.
Now comes the packing and saying "good bye" and leaving Texas. Today I went to James Avery (jewelry store) to have a new charm put on my bracelet. While there, I decided to have the lady cut off some charms I no longer want on my bracelet.
Texas charm...lost its charm somehow....
New Hampshire...met the ex there
Bermuda...honeymooned there
heart with 20 years engraved on it...we all know that didn't mean anything
So as I continue to look for ways to "construct" myself, I have cut (literally) more "ties" with the former husband. It's liberating. I'm not mad; I'm just enjoying the freedom to DO and BE what I want.
I bid on and won a walking stick made by a childhood friend. It represents a strong me walking forward on my new journey. I'm moving to a new state. I'm going to have a new career. I'm going to buy my first home as a single woman. I'm loving this!!!!!! I could not have done this alone. God has wedged me right up under his arm where I'm protected and being guided. I have been given one stepstone at a time. I don't need to know when or where the next stone will appear, but I'm confident it will show up before me. I'd not taken the time to journal in a while, so I had to catch up.
Stay tuned. I close on this house at the end of the month. Then out of Texas I'll drive. Not like a piece of tumbleweed, for I'm not being blown about. I'm being shown a path and given directions in whispers. No lightening. Just quiet directions to follow.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment