Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Last week in TX, Day 1 revisited

Day 1 was hard. I woke up yesterday with such puffy eyelids I didn't know if they'd ever go back to normal. I'd cried the night before over hurts I'd inflicted. I cried yesterday morning over leaving my kids. People have said to me, " I can't believe you'd leave those kids" so often, I began to feel like a horrible person for even considering it. I began to grieve over leaving them. Not my grandkids, but my kids.
Cried talking to Mamma. Cried with daughter. Cried when former neighbor came to say "good bye". This is hard.
When the POD arrived, I wondered how in the world is my whole house of stuff going to fit in that 16' box? By late afternoon, when I had no one to start filling up that POD, I was getting lower. Then my daughter made a connection and after she left, 2 boys showed up and were wonderful!! We three worked in 90 degree humid heat to start the puzzle-piecing together. They took my freezer out. It left a trail of water...on the carpet and all across the front hall floor, but at least it was just water. The boys left and I felt a little better.
Went to bed with a headache. Didn't sleep well. woke up around 3:30, drank some water, read a bit, went back to sleep. But this morning....I'll now write Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment