Tuesday, April 21, 2009

discard this!

My last post was about wondering what I could discard to make my life more workable. Well, yesterday morning I woke up to sunshine in my room. My alarm was set for 4:50 A.M. but apparently I had turned it off in my sleep and now the clock read 6:50!! Up I jumped and wondered what not to do since I usually use all of the two and a half hours to get ready for work. I skipped the shower and hair-washing and got dressed in jeans and a school-appropriate t-shirt and did my face and hair and went down to eat breakfast standing up. No hot tea, just some cold water along with the usual yogurt and banana. Back up to brush my teeth, quickly added some lipstick and out the door by 7:38! I had to give up a jeans coupon to my administrator, but other than the kids asking if I'd cut my hair (when it's been slept on it's rather flat and no amount of curling iron magic can transform it) no one was the wiser.
Today I apparently did the same "turning-off-the-alarm-in-my-sleep" for it was 6:55 when my eyes decided to open! Ouch. I couldn't go another day without a shampoo and shower, so I opted for those and gave up the breakfast, which I ate at my desk. Kids didn't mind my banana and never even asked me why.
I've now decided that if I can get ready for work in 40 minutes, what have I been getting up so early for???
For right now, I'm discarding the time spent on TV news/weather, morning email answering, hot tea, sitting down for breakfast, starting the laundry, and see how my day goes.
I'll let you know how getting more sleep feels...z-z-z-z

No comments:

Post a Comment