Monday, April 6, 2009

Stand By Me

Good morning,
I am home sick today so had the time to watch a video clip sent by a cousin. It was entitled "Stand By Me" and included musicians and singers from around the world playing and/or singing the song and it made me cry. It struck a chord in me. The clip started with a man telling us that no matter where we are or who we are, at some point, we all need someone to stand by us. I need someone, slash many someones, to stand by me. I need others. There, it's out there. I can't do it alone. I don't want to do it alone. My heart burst with joy and "bigness" this morning as I realized I want to have a fuller life, a joy-filled life, a life filled with more meaningful moments. I need to let others in. I need to let some others out! Huh, I never realized that till just now. I've tried to hold on to some that aren't worthy of me. They aren't worthy of my trust, my time, or my interest. Huh. I need to ponder that awhile.
"Thank you, Lord, for sifting and sorting my thoughts to blend in with your plan for me. Thank you for standing by me."

No comments:

Post a Comment